Monday 4 April 2011

grand design indeed...

Last night I caught the new series of Grand Designs on Lifestyle (new to Australia anyway). As a serial renter with aspirations of 'one day' building our own little dream pad, I've always been a big fan of this show.

Last night's episode 'Lizard Peninsular', was probably the most inspiring yet. It featured the home of Kathryn Tyler, a talented young interior designer based in Cornwall...  I just loved it! The modernist/scandi vibe is right up my alley.




Kathryn's use of white painted brick, oak joinery and polished concrete reminds me of the work of  Brisbane architects Owen and Vokes...  Here's a couple of examples of their work below.

They're in my 'dream house file' too...




1 comment:

  1. Wow! it amazing I liked very much .. super design of house is nice..
    Houses in Australia

    ReplyDelete