Tuesday 19 April 2011

red painted chairs!


Fresh from The Selby, this is the Auckland home of Karen Walker & Mikhail Guerman.

Totally my kind of house.., great furniture, stacks of books and an enviable art collection. Cool, laid back and definitely not pretentious. Just what I expected from Karen Walker I guess...

This it the photo that really jumped out at me, the dining room.  Lacquer red, cobalt blue, crisp white and blond cane set against soft grey walls and a dark floor... Wow, I love it!!

I guess I've always been a fan of a red painted chair, nothing pops quite like it...



Fancy that, the colour of Thom's first chair is...
great old ad courtesy of periodpaper.com




Recently I've been helping my sister with ideas to update their kitchen. One suggestion was to add some colour by giving their existing kitchen stools a lick of bright red paint (not unlike the ones in the Walker/Guerman kitchen). I'm not sure if I quite sold the idea, so hopefully she sees this and is won over...

kitchen update ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment