Friday 29 April 2011

time to break out the good china...

In case you've been living under a rock this past week, today's the big day! Wills & Kate are getting hitched...

To get in the mood, I'll be upgrading my usual arvo mug of tea for something a bit more refined. Me thinks Lady Grey in bone china would be appropriate.


I received this 1950's Noritake set for my birthday years ago and I admit it's rarely seen the light of day... Like a lot people with their wedding/heirloom china or crystal, I've always treated this set with kid gloves, packed away (gathering dust) for special occasions.

I'm determined to change my way of thinking here though and get regular enjoyment from such things...

pretty heirlooms in the hall cupboard at Cloudlake























If you're still too concerned about breakages there's the emerging trend of hiring... Quite a number of businesses have popped up catering to lady like high teas, offering gorgeous vintage china to rent.

High Tea with all the trimmings from locals Hummingbird Vintage Hire

And savvy high street tea merchants T2 have added a carefully edited collection of vintage tea sets along side their fab and very affordable range of 'vintage inspired' cups & saucers. Perfect to mix and match...



Anyway all this is making me thirsty.., so I'm off to boil the kettle and cut the crusts off my cucumber sandwich, before of course raising my pinky to the happy couple...

Tally Ho and have a great weekend! xx

ps. Here's this weeks fave Friday's tune. It's called 'China' (pure coincidence honest) by  Sydney born band Sparkadia


No comments:

Post a Comment